WHO CAN JOIN?
- Any current or retired Carilion Clinic employee or their immediate family or household members.
- Employees of some Carilion contractors are also eligible to become members.
HOW DO I JOIN?
- Just come by the Credit Union with your minimum deposit of $15 along with your Driver’s License or government issued photo ID, and your Carilion ID badge.
- The $15 minimum deposit represents your voting share in the Credit Union and must remain on deposit while you are a member.
- It entitles you to vote for Board Members and on other issues at the annual board meeting held each May.
- It is returned to you when you close your account.
- The whole process takes less than 5 minutes.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP?
- Low interest loans to the members (this is a credit union after all).
- Lower loan qualifications than commercial banks.
- Interest bearing share accounts, Christmas club, vacation accounts, and share certificates.
- Direct deposit for both account deposits and loan payments.
**If you have bad credit and are thinking of getting a payday or title loan, talk to Larry or Dee first. We have a better alternative.
Our credit union privacy notice is available HERE.